New or hopeful owners of Michigan small businesses are encouraged to stop in for a 15-minute counseling session with an experienced business consultant. These sessions are provided by Oakland County, and located at One Stop Shop Business Center, 2100 Pontiac Lake Rd, Bldg 41 West Waterford, MI 483238. This counseling service is structured to offer direct answers to a variety of start-up questions.
The goal of this “One Stop Shop” is to navigate start-ups through business steps ranging from Pre-Launch to the Growth Stage. The hope is to help new business owners understand the market, along with any administrative or structural hurdles which need to be addressed.
Discussion topics include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-Launch (Your business is just an idea).
- Launch (Steps have been taken to open your business).
- Pre-Growth (Steps to shift directions from opening to development have been undertaken).
- Growth (Competition and growth through target market analysis begins).
- Reinvention (Refreshing, renewing and invigorating your business has become important).
Interested persons are encouraged to walk in at any time on Thursdays from 9:30 AM – Noon, and 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Walk-in sessions are available on a first-come, first served basis. This organization can be reached by phone: (248) 858-0721, or by email: SmallBusiness@OakGov.com
More information can be found at the following link: WalkIn StartUp
This article was written by Nezar Habhab, Law Clerk.